12 Sep 2017 Q4 Tax Calendar: Key Deadlines for Businesses & Other Employers
Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the fourth quarter of 2017. Keep in mind this list is not all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to make sure you are meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2016 income tax return (Form 1120) & pay any tax, interest, & penalties due
- Make contributions for 2016 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Report income tax withholding & Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) taxes for third quarter 2017 (Form 941) & pay any tax due (see exception below)
- Report income tax withholding & FICA taxes for third quarter 2017 (Form 941), if you deposited on time & in full all of the associated taxes due
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2017 estimated income taxes