Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines that apply to businesses and other employers during the second quarter of 2022. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to verify you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- If you’re a calendar-year corporation, file a 2021 income tax return (Form 1120) or file for an automatic six-month extension (Form 7004) and pay any tax due
- Corporations pay the first installment of 2022 estimated income taxes
- For individuals, file a 2021 income tax return (Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR) or file for an automatic six-month extension (Form 4868) and paying any tax due (see June 15 for an exception for certain taxpayers)
- For individuals, pay the first installment of 2022 estimated taxes, if you don’t pay income tax through withholding (Form 1040-ES)
- Employers report income tax withholding and Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) taxes for the first quarter of 2022 (Form 941) and pay any tax due
- Employers report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the first quarter of 2022 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and fully paid all of the associated taxes due
- Corporations pay the second installment of 2022 estimated income taxes