Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the third quarter of 2017. Keep in mind this list is not all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to make sure you are meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- Report income tax withholding and Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) taxes for third quarter 2017 (IRS Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below).
- File a 2016 calendar-year retirement plan report (IRS Form 5500 or IRS Form 5500-EZ) or request an extension.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2017 (IRS Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the third installment of 2017 estimated income taxes.
- If a calendar-year S corporation or partnership that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2016 income tax return (IRS Form 1120S, IRS Form 1065, or IRS Form 1065-B) and pay any tax, interest, and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2016 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.