Included below are some key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the third quarter of 2019. Keep in mind that this list is not all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to make sure you are meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- Report income tax withholding and Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) taxes for the second quarter of 2019 (IRS Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See the exception below, under “August 12”).
- File a 2018 calendar-year retirement plan report (IRS Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ) or request an extension.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the second quarter of 2019 (IRS Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the third installment of 2019 estimated income taxes.
- If a calendar-year S corporation or partnership that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2018 income tax return (IRS Form 1120S, Form 1065, or Form 1065-B) and pay any tax, interest, and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2018 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.