Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the fourth quarter of 2019. Keep in mind that this list is not all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to make sure you are meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2018 income tax return (IRS Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest, and penalties due
- Make contributions for 2018 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Report income tax withholding and Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) taxes for third quarter 2019 (IRS Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below under ‘November 12’)
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2019 (IRS Form 941), if you deposited on time (and in full) all of the associated taxes due.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2019 estimated income taxes.